Re: [radeonhd] xf86-video-radeonhd:master: 1 commit(s)
  • From: Coleman Kane <cokane@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 11:50:52 -0500
Luc Verhaegen wrote:

Date: Thu Nov 15 16:33:36 2007 +0100

Added Radeon X1250.

I have this card in my laptop, but it is billed as an X1270, as opposed
to an X1250. Do these two cards have the same chip/card IDs? Is the
X1250 chip ID 0x791E instead (currently labeled as an "X1200")?

This was a rather ambiguous card id, so pci subsystem id, not a pci
device id.

Nobody knows which is which when you mention X1200, X1250 or X1270,
sometimes it is also Xpress 12x0. All we can go on is pci-ids, and we
generally label these IGP devices are rs690 (the technical, correct
term, not the marketing speak abovee).

This commit added the board/card/subsystem ids for a HP/Compaq laptop
with an rs690.

Luc Verhaegen.
SUSE/Novell X Driver Developer.

I've been going back through numerous log files and dmesg outputs from
others online (as well as driver .inf files) and see roughly the same
thing. I am curious if there's some sort of other register from which
you can query "capabilities" from the card (like CPUID, but maybe
"GPUID"?)...

--
Coleman Kane