Re: [radeonhd] RV515 card failed to output video on VGA port
  • From: Hans Ulrich Niedermann <hun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:53:25 +0100
Matthias Hopf wrote:
On Nov 15, 07 16:10:09 +0100, Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:

I hope the following makes the git version detection more robust and, in
case of failure, easier to debug by sending along the generated
git_version.h:

Did you think of packaging git_version.h when doing 'make dist'?

Yes, but we will want to distinguish

a) a build directly from a git worktree of commit 12345678
b) a build from a dist tarball generated from commit 12345678

In case a), we can programmatically determine whether the local source
contains changes in addition to 12345678 and note them.

In case b), we have no way of finding out whether/what has changed
locally, so we need to note that in the message somehow.

I do have code for b), but it is too ugly, too fragile and too large to
commit just yet.

--
Hans Ulrich Niedermann

< Previous Next >