Re[4]: [radeonhd] The X1950 GT Card has not been recognized
  • From: Vsevolod Novikov <nnseva@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:24:20 +0300
Hi Egbert,

The monitor connected to the card is "FLATRON 795FT Plus" (CRT connected
through the VGA connector).

I didn't expect that I should provide detail information about the monitor to
the driver, but assumed that the driver will get the information itself, or
will provide some default values. Other drivers work with minimal monitor
section normally.

Moreover, I don't think that the driver should fail loading just because it
can't read monitor information through the connector right now. The monitor
might be connected later, or switched off now, we might connect additional
monitor (f.e. presentation projector), and I think that the driver should
process these events as correctly as it can.

I can't use DVI connector just because the monitor doesn't have it. VGA only.
Does the driver support for the VGA connector at all?

Regards,
Vsevolod