Re: [radeonhd] Initial RandR 1.2 support (for the brave of heart ;)
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 11:23:36 +0100
On Nov 13, 07 18:00:50 -0500, GerbilSoft wrote:
- The VGA output seems to have some issues. The right side of the screen
isn't fully displayed (it's around 32 pixels off). Also, there's some
~8px-wide columns on the screen that appear to be flickering. These
columns don't appear in <1600x1200, though.

Does this also happen if you use the driver in the non-RandR case
(Option "NoRandr")? Check that you're using exactly the same mode, with
only the VGA active (will probably choose a 60Hz mode otherwise).

With "NoRandr", I get no video on either monitor. I've attached the X log as
xorg.norandr.log with NoRandr selected.

You're hitting the same issue as Tigerchen on irc. I'm already debugging
this, I apparently got the initialization order wrong. Please recheck
when I'm done (I'll announce this).

Also, with RandR enabled, I can't seem to enable the second monitor unless it
was plugged in when X was started. If I try, I get this error:

david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ~ $ xrandr --output VGA_CRT1/DAC_A --auto
X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 155 (RANDR)
Minor opcode of failed request: 21 ()
Serial number of failed request: 17

Bugs in xrandr. It isn't able to unclone crtcs. I pushed some fixes
upstream, and also one fix for RandR base system.

CU