Re: [radeonhd] Initial RandR 1.2 support (for the brave of heart ;)
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:00:34 +0100
Felipe, please read my remarks about your logs at the end of this mail
first. It might save you some time and troubles :-]

On Nov 13, 07 19:37:31 +0200, Felipe Contreras wrote:
I tried and I just get black screen, and I never get output again. I
have to reboot.

Grmbl. Doesn't sound good. Please try:

- Set
Option "NoRandr"
temporary in the device section, just to verify that the driver +
Xserver in *principle* works. This doesn't change anything to the
driver in master.

I tried that, and it didn't work.

In that case, please retry current git master. There should be no
difference, except that master now has TMDSB support. If that doesn't
work either, you're hitting a general modesetting bug, and Luc is
probably the one you want to talk to.

- Try to run Xorg -logverbose 7 and check whether you get some
reasonable logfile. Post it. What card do you have?
I'm attaching the logs with dvi, vga, nothing connected and with the
"NoRandr" option.

I'll look through that.

- Check whether you can still log into the machine remotely when it is
dead. Check whether the Xserver is running (just no image) or not. If
it is running, also post the output of 'xrandr'.

I can't try that right now but I think it is running.

Ok, you can try whether you get your console back by hitting
Ctrl+Alt+Backspace.

Analyzing the log:

[...]
(II) RADEONHD(0): FUNCTION: RHDConnectorsInit
[...]
(II) RADEONHD(0): FUNCTION: RHDHPDRestore

which is the last line of all logs. This indicates that the function
RHDRandrPreInit() is just to be called. And the first thing
this function does is printing out that it has been called. I don't read
that, so it probably isn't.

This very much sounds like a compilation problem (dependencies?) to me.
Can you do a 'make clean' and recompile?

CU