Re: [radeonhd] Initial RandR 1.2 support (for the brave of heart ;)
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:41:18 +0100
On Nov 12, 07 21:13:21 -0500, GerbilSoft wrote:
I'm using a ThinkPad T60p (FireGL V5200, 0x71C4), and so far RandR 1.2
support
seems to be working well. I've noticed a few glitches though.

Video Modes:
VGA_CRT1/DAC_A: 1600x1200 @ 75 Hz
PANEL_LCD1/LVDS/TMDS: 1600x1200 @ 60 Hz

- The VGA output seems to have some issues. The right side of the screen
isn't
fully displayed (it's around 32 pixels off). Also, there's some ~8px-wide
columns on the screen that appear to be flickering. These columns don't
appear in <1600x1200, though.

Does this also happen if you use the driver in the non-RandR case
(Option "NoRandr")? Check that you're using exactly the same mode, with
only the VGA active (will probably choose a 60Hz mode otherwise).

- I can't seem to get it so that the VGA monitor is at e.g.
coordinates -1600x0, so it doesn't affect the contents of the LCD. My CRT is
on the left side of my desk where the laptop is on the right, so it would be
useful if I could somehow get the CRT to simply use negative coordinates
instead of having everything move over to the CRT when switching to multiple
monitor mode.

There are no negative coordinates. You can, however, move your panel to
the right (xrandr --output PANEL_LCD1/LVDS/TMDS --right-of VGA_CRT1/DAC_A).
Theoretically, --left-of should produce the same result, practically
there are some bugs lurking in RandR.

[Actually, somehow I managed to get the LCD indicated as monitor 1 even
though
its coordinates are not 0,0, but I'm not sure how I managed this!]

Me don't either. RandR has no notion about monitor numbers.

- LVDS doesn't work at resolutions other than native, but I believe that's a
known bug.

Maybe Luc can comment on that. Or your LVDS doesn't support anything
else than the native resolution, and scaler support isn't implemented
yet.

Thanks for testing