Re: [radeonhd] Initial RandR 1.2 support (for the brave of heart ;)
  • From: GerbilSoft <gerbilsoft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 21:13:21 -0500
I'm using a ThinkPad T60p (FireGL V5200, 0x71C4), and so far RandR 1.2 support
seems to be working well. I've noticed a few glitches though.

Video Modes:
VGA_CRT1/DAC_A: 1600x1200 @ 75 Hz
PANEL_LCD1/LVDS/TMDS: 1600x1200 @ 60 Hz

- The VGA output seems to have some issues. The right side of the screen isn't
fully displayed (it's around 32 pixels off). Also, there's some ~8px-wide
columns on the screen that appear to be flickering. These columns don't
appear in <1600x1200, though.

- I can't seem to get it so that the VGA monitor is at e.g.
coordinates -1600x0, so it doesn't affect the contents of the LCD. My CRT is
on the left side of my desk where the laptop is on the right, so it would be
useful if I could somehow get the CRT to simply use negative coordinates
instead of having everything move over to the CRT when switching to multiple
monitor mode.

[Actually, somehow I managed to get the LCD indicated as monitor 1 even though
its coordinates are not 0,0, but I'm not sure how I managed this!]

- LVDS doesn't work at resolutions other than native, but I believe that's a
known bug.