Re: [radeonhd] AMD64 based RS690T system and RadeonHD driver almost works under FreeBSD
  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:50:00 +0100
Coleman Kane writes:
The current HEAD from anongit.freedesktop.org actually starts up X and
seems to work, except that the screen is extremely garbled. I can move
the mouse around and see a garbled cursor move around on the display. I
forgot to mention that it behaves this way in the email. So X does load
up and I do get a display, it is just completely unusable. Also, I get a
message from rhd_conntest that reads "Unable to map IO memory: No such
file or directory.", however I just realized that it is creating a
.vga.rom file, so I am attaching this.

rhd_conntest has only been tested under Linux. Some kind soul may be able
to help us port it to the BSDs and OpenSOLARIS.