Re: [radeonhd] Unhandled connector type 2 error on 2600 xt
  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 12:39:54 +0100
Bearcat M. Sandor writes:
Folks,

I am the proud owner of a Gigabyte Radeon HD 2600 XT. I downloaded the
latest drm and xf86-video-radeonhd source code packages via git. Both are
fresh as of tthe writing of this email.

When i try to startx, i get the following:

(EE) RADEONHD(0): RHDLVTMAInit: unhandled connector type: 2
(EE) RADEONHD(0): Failed to detect a connected monitor
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

I posted the full Xorg.0.log file at
http://www.feline-soul.com/files/Xorg.0.log

Downloading from this site is somewhat slow this morning.
The LVTMA isn't supported yet. Work to get this supported is under way.
Since you have an R6xx it may take slightly longer, though.

As someone suggested in a thread above this post, i switched my dvi
connector to the other port and i got no picture at all, even in the VT.

Did you boot the box with the monitor connected there?

I posted the results of an lspci -v at http://www.feline-soul.com/files/pci

The Xorg.0.log states to run a conntest and submit that as well, but i was
unable to get it to compile. Doing a 'make' in the conntest dir just gives
me a no valid targets error. If i can get that compiled i am happy to to
provide that as well.

Please check if a Makefile is available in utils/conntest.
This should have been generated by autogen.sh in the top directory.
Maybe you have updated your tree from git and didn't rerun autogen.sh.

I would love to get this working. I know it's still alpha and expect
problems, but i'd like to get this running so i can help out with bug
reports and such.

Your efforts are appreciated.

Please let me know if there is any other information or support i can
provide.

It would be great to have rhd_conntest and/or the Xserver log for the case
where the monitor is connected to the other DVI output. This should work
even if the console is blank.