Re: [radeonhd] What does rhd_conntest.c include <sys/io.h> for?
  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:56:56 +0100
pageexec@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
On 5 Nov 2007 at 13:37, Egbert Eich wrote:

libz is actually used by the pciutils library.
It's a dependency from there that we cannot avoid.

actually you could if pciutils was built as a shared library
(then it would link to libz itself). is there any reason it isn't?

Yes, you're right, if the dependecies of the shared lib have been
specified correctly.
After you mentioned it it appeared strange to me, too, so I've
just checked, libpci is not available as a shared library here.
Frankly I have no idea why.