Re: [radeonhd] HP nc6400 / x1300: Working. Trouble with attached Screen
  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 13:29:13 +0100
Benoit Plessis writes:

Hi,

I did try the radeonhd driver on my laptop. The debian/experimental
packages did not work
directly (had to add the info of conntest and rebuild) but the latest
git seem to work out of the box.

Good!
Using dirstro packages ATM you always risk using stale bits that
have the issues you are seeing fixed already.

There is although a need for some video memory cleaning before drawing
initial screen, it's no big deal
but could make a bad impression on 'standard' users :)

Right. Since the driver is still experimental this is not such a huge
issue ATM.

The only major problems i have right now is when connecting the laptop
on the port replicator (haven't tried the
included VGA output) to use the DVI output. The screen seems to be
correctly detected and the video is sent to
both monitor in clone mode, but the resolution used is the smallest
available.
The fglrx driver used the best resolution of the two screen and
activated the X11 virtual screen on the smallest one.

Yes, we don't do that (yet).
It's a know limitation to the driver.