Re: [radeonhd] Contrast, brightness and gamma
  • From: Pierre Ossman <drzeus-list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 13:27:21 +0100
On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 12:27:57 +0100
Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Pierre Ossman writes:

> So what you're saying is that we can't currently control the ramp
completely, just give a coefficient and let the hw compute the curve?

You give it a list of pivot points and let he hw interpolate between them.
This should be sufficient for most use cases.

I got informed about the XF86VidModeSetGammaRamp() call and have been given the
control I wanted. Thanks though.

> Btw, I've been looking at the register specs. Has any info about semantics
also been released or are there AMD/ATI engineers on standby for this project?

What are you referring as 'sematics'?
Do you mean programming documentation? No such specs are available.
So far we got by without them to a large extent.
Things on which we needed further information we were able to ask
ATI. However the interface so far has solely been John Bridgman
who has worked his tail off as this is not his only obligation.

Ok. His time is of course better spent helping you guys. I just wanted to know
if there was anything more put to paper that I hadn't found.

(The thing I was looking for was more info about power management as I couldn't
see any effect from the register poking I was doing.)

Rgds
--
-- Pierre Ossman

Linux kernel, MMC maintainer http://www.kernel.org