Re: [radeonhd] Re: X1250 IGP on Asus M2A-VM HDMI conntest
  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 13:14:38 +0100
Sebastian Kemper writes:
Hello Egbert and everybody,

as promised I toggled the HDMI option in the BIOS. But first I went and
upgraded to the latest BIOS version. It was pretty big for a BIOS
update (~5MB) and for one the VGA BIOS was changed as well. The old
version was BK-ATI VER010.055.000.001.000000 and the new one is BK-ATI
VER010.055.000.029.025534. Every attachment was produced with the newer
VGA BIOS.

First I ran HDMI Off and HDMI Audio greyed out (see attachments with no
hdmi_ prefix), afterwards HDMI On and HDMI Audio Enabled (attachments
with hdmi_ prefix). In the end the VGA ROM dumps and console outputs
differed a little bit.

I hope this is in some way useful info ... :-)

Looking at the BIOS I can see the HDMI connector table.
Currently this entry maps to NONE .
So far I have no way of testing HDMI myself therefore I hate
to enable it in the driver for everybody.
Although this is a testing driver still in a pre-alpha stage
a lot of people are pulling the sources (including distros).

I don't want to make highly experimental features available to
the general. Therefore I may just create a cloned tree someplace
else an let interested people try them.