Re: [radeonhd] Re: Documentation status
  • From: Egbert Eich <eich@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 13:01:09 +0100
Pete Chown writes:
Matthias Hopf wrote:

The other day, I think someone posted here saying they had made a 2900XT
work, presumably without my patch. At a guess I'd say that their card
has the same register as mine, but it ends up with different contents for
whatever reason. That means that auto-detecting the need for an offset
would be very difficult -- our cards are virtually identical and yet one
needs an offset but the other doesn't.

Some 2900XTs seem to be working (as is mine - which is very unfortunately
as this doesn't give me the opportunity to reproduce he problem).

I've revisited the specs - i found a register that could point into
the right direction for r5xx. However I have not been able to locate
a comparable register in r6xx specs.