Re: New cdrwtool (trying to format too many blocks)
  • From: Peter Osterlund <petero2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 20:17:16 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Sergiy Kudryk wrote:

> Hello
>
> Can anybody help ?
>
> I can't successfully write to CDRW disc a large file (> 50 MB) - too
> many i/o errors.
>
> How i can decrease writing speed of pktcdvd layer ?

You have to edit the source code. In the pkt_open_write function, there is
a call to pkt_adjust_speed. Change the "16" to the speed you want to use.

> I have CDRW drive with 4X write speed and when i start to copy big file
> (500 Mbytes) to /mnt/cdrw using mc system shows writing speed about 9
> MB/s (should be no more then 600 KB/s).

Maybe if the writes start to fail, they can fail with a speed faster than
600Kb/s.

> System freeze after i/o errors at 7 % of copying process scale.

Do you get anything in /var/log/messages or on the console?

--
Peter Osterlund - petero2@xxxxxxxxx
http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340