Re: New cdrwtool (trying to format too many blocks)
  • From: Carlo <magnifex@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 17:48:50 +0000 (UTC)
Alle 21:18, mercoledì 6 febbraio 2002, hai scritto:
> On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Sergiy Kudryk wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > Can anybody help ?
> >
> > I can't successfully write to CDRW disc a large file (> 50 MB) - too
> > many i/o errors.
> >
> > How i can decrease writing speed of pktcdvd layer ?
>
> You have to edit the source code. In the pkt_open_write function, there is
> a call to pkt_adjust_speed. Change the "16" to the speed you want to use.

Me too have a 4x diskwriter.
It mean that the packet-cd write at 16?
I don't have any problem to write big files (41 Mb writes without
problems,program used mc).
This is any problem for the cd-writer lens in the long term (and i have to
adjust the pkt_adjust_speed.) or i can leave the speed at 16 (that is
obviously ignored).

Carlo.

P.s.:
Tested 2.4.18-pre7 patch (cache enabled 4096) and udftools 1.0.0b1 with patch
-v it work very well, also with Directcd 5.0.
If i increase cache i can increase the speed with large number of little
files.