Re: New cdrwtool (trying to format too many blocks)
  • From: Peter Osterlund <petero2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 19:31:34 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Carlo wrote:

> Alle 21:18, mercoledì 6 febbraio 2002, hai scritto:
> > On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Sergiy Kudryk wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > Can anybody help ?
> > >
> > > I can't successfully write to CDRW disc a large file (> 50 MB) - too
> > > many i/o errors.
> > >
> > > How i can decrease writing speed of pktcdvd layer ?
> >
> > You have to edit the source code. In the pkt_open_write function, there is
> > a call to pkt_adjust_speed. Change the "16" to the speed you want to use.
>
> Me too have a 4x diskwriter.
> It mean that the packet-cd write at 16?

It only means that the code tries to use speed 16, but the drive will
automatically reduce it to the maximum speed it can support.

> P.s.:
> Tested 2.4.18-pre7 patch (cache enabled 4096) and udftools 1.0.0b1 with patch
> -v it work very well, also with Directcd 5.0.
> If i increase cache i can increase the speed with large number of little
> files.

What cache are you talking about here? The config option
"CONFIG_CDROM_PKTCDVD_BUFFERS" (Free buffers for data gathering) is not
used in the 2.4 version of the packet writing patch.

--
Peter Osterlund - petero2@xxxxxxxxx
http://w1.894.telia.com/~u89404340