Re: [opensuse] Btrfs ...
On 27/02/17 03:24 AM, jdd wrote:

that said, when you do a new install even unchanged files (in rmp) may have a
different date and how can you know if it's really unchanged?

For many of the example I gave its as matter of 'why should you care?"

Let me put it this way:

If I use bleachbit to clear out the 'COPYING'/GPL files, th3 language files I
don't and am never going to use, then a global restore just means I'm going to
use bleachbit to remove them *again*.

Yes, Carlos, i know, since I'm savvy about config, having read man pages
diligently and experimented (how else do you learn?) that I can exclude them.
But for a lot of issues of simplicity, management, and other matters (see
'parallelism') I choose, and I think its a sound and more flexible strategy, to
implement as a mounted file system. heck, we already do that for /home. Sime
things I want to survive an update, and un-mounting them is a simple and
reliable way to achieve that!