Re: [opensuse] writing to a flash card
On 02/07/2017 10:28 PM, John Andersen wrote:

Then I get my portable USB Multi-Slot reader, and plug that in. No drama in
the logs.
But it can't read the Sdhc card. It will read an old CF card I happened to
have.
It comes up as /dev/sdb with one partition /dev/sdb1

Stranger and Stranger.

Indeed.

I have, as mentioned a long time ago on the list, and older card reader. it
would read my older (and slower) pocket camera's SDXC and my phone's micro-
albeit s..l..o..w..l..y. I was recommended a Transend USB3 reader even if my
opti[lex 755 only has USB2 slots.

Not only does this read those old cards, but it also reads the 60mb/s and
80msb/s cards used for video in my DSLR.

The older card reader won't handle those at all. <======

You don't say what cards, what speed. You don't say what type of reader.
My experience is that it makes a difference.
YMMV

However ....

If this was anything else you'd insist on the OS number/release etc.
The same applies here.