[opensuse] DSL always on possible?
I have a DSL connected server running with openSUSE 13.1. This
server has an on-demand DSL connection which should be "always on"
because I use the server from outside (using Dyndns). In
/etc/sysconfig/network/providers/provider0 there is

ASKPASSWORD='no'
AUTODNS='yes'
DEMAND='yes'
DSLSUPPORTED='yes'
IDLETIME='1500'
ISDNSUPPORTED='no'
MODEMSUPPORTED='no'
MODIFYDNS='no'
PASSWORD='secret'
PHONE=''
PROVIDER='A Provider'
USERNAME='username'
DEFAULTROUTE='yes'
IPADDR=''
MODIFYIP='yes'
REMOTE_IPADDR=''
AUTO_RECONNECT='yes'

My problem is, that I need a nearly useless service ('ping' or
'fetchmail' for instance) which starts network requests regularly so
that the DSL connection starts and stays alive.

Is there a recommended way to start DSL without any network request,
so that it's nearly always on? In openSUSE documentation I only
found two alternatives: always-on and manually. Both are not ideal.
(I know, that the provider breaks the connection every 24 hours. The
router should reconnect then.)

Greetings,
Björn