Re: [opensuse] Google Drive Ocamlfuse for 13.2
Have you thought about SR'ing to the devel:languages:ocaml repo?

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/devel:languages:ocaml
--
Later,
Darin

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 7:34 PM, Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Dienstag, 6. Januar 2015 16:14:28 John Andersen wrote:

Well, It wasn't clear which of the dozens of RPMs I would need from that
repository so I just picked the first one, google-drive-ocamlfuse and let
yast figure out the rest (and it turns out I needed nothing else).

Sorry, forgot to tell: all those ocaml packages was needed for the build, the
package google-drive-ocamlfuse includes everything, that is needed to use this
thing.

Then I followed the directions (as user, not root) from this page:
https://github.com/astrada/google-drive-ocamlfuse/blob/master/doc/Usage.md
and after answering a couple web page pop-ups from Google, It was up and
running quite painlessly.

Hehe, the package description might be sufficient, but a README.SuSE would cut
it better, I admit.

Mounting and unmounting went well. Access is as fast as your internet
connection and all the functions of KDE Dolphin work, (previews, etc)
because Dolphin thinks its a local drive.

Yes, the beauties of FUSE.

ODT documents all insist they are locked by another user, so you can't edit
them in place. I seem to remember people having the same problem on NAS
storage.

Will check this out.

All in All, fairly painless.

Great, thanks for the feeedback.

----note:
Google still is promising a native linux Drive app, but they appear to be in
no hurry as the promise has been on that page for a long time.

Sure, but don't expect too much. Look at Google Earth (if you find some random
version, that is not crashing right from the start). It seems, they're are not
capable to get and keep things stable, if the userbase is smaller than 10
millions.. Consequently, they ignore related bug reports. Needless to say, I
hate this attitude.

Cheers,
Pete