Re: [opensuse] Major install problems with 13.2
On 01/04/2015 01:21 PM, Joseph Comfort wrote:

Problem 1: Booting the downloaded os 13.2 DVD, there are no entries for
either 'Boot installed system' or for 'memtest.'

I'm pretty sure that you booted the DVD in UEFI mode rather than legacy
mode. And that is the cause of your problems.

If you want to only use legacy mode, then you must disable UEFI mode in
the BIOS settings. Otherwise there are two ways of booting the DVD (and
other install media). One of my UEFI boxes will list both as boot
choices when I hit F12 during boot. My other UEFI box will only list
one, depending on my BIOS settings.

Booting the install media in UEFI mode, there is no option to boot the
installed system and no memory check option. The installer will select
"grub2-efi", will want "/boot/efi", and may well repartition your drive
with GPT partitioning. If you had booted in legacy mode, then the
option to boot the installed system would be there, and so would the
memory check option. And no "/boot/efi" would have been configured.

Note that I just retested booting both ways a few minutes ago. In my
case, I have the iso on a USB rather than a DVD, but that should not
make any important difference here.