Re: [opensuse] raid1, ignore one HD when reading
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 12:11:34 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2013-06-06 11:38, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2013-06-06 10:36, Ruediger Meier wrote:
BTW it's a valid use case to safely place one of the mirrors far
away connected via network or SAN. That's why you can set
write-mostly and write-behind, see man md:

That can be done? :-O

I thought those things used something else than raid...

Running RAID on top of a SAN (iscsi) device is certainly possible.
Almost certainly also on top of DRBD devices.

I meant one element local disk, another over the network.

Yes, that is typically how DRBD works.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (20.1°C)