Re: [opensuse] raid1, ignore one HD when reading
On Thursday 06 June 2013, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2013-06-06 11:38, Per Jessen wrote:
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2013-06-06 10:36, Ruediger Meier wrote:
BTW it's a valid use case to safely place one of the mirrors far
away connected via network or SAN. That's why you can set
write-mostly and write-behind, see man md:

That can be done? :-O

I thought those things used something else than raid...

Running RAID on top of a SAN (iscsi) device is certainly possible.
Almost certainly also on top of DRBD devices.

I meant one element local disk, another over the network.

Yep the rich people would use a really fast network for this and the
poor people would use write-behind and write-mostly :)

cu,
Rudi