Re: [opensuse] Reboot Fails After 12.1 64Bit Installation?
Richard wrote:
No idea what the problem is, but I also can't boot 12.1 on one computer.
I have to leave the DVD in the drive and boot it first then it continues
on to booting from the hard drive, which then works.
You probably have an old version of ATI video card like my 4 yr old laptop. My reluctant solution after many tries with nomodeset and all teh other nostrums was to install Ubuntu 10.10 which let nomodeset work. That made my wife happy so I'm happy.

Actually, is an nVidia that works fine with earlier versions.