Re: [opensuse] Re: starting the virtualbox virtual machines automatically
Brian K. White said the following on 12/27/2011 03:19 AM:

So you're right. You do need that file. It qualifies as system config
data that isn't sourced from /etc. But only because the kdm package is
faulty, not because it's the official intended behavior.

That's what I meant when I spoke of "reality bites" and the contrast
with the ideal world situation.

I'd like things to be as you describe and have been advocating it for
decades and have seen it progress but as you say, sometimes its
two-steps-forward/one-step-back.

Perhaps, as the
http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase-workspace/kdm/configuring-kdm.html
page says, using $KDEDIR is the root of this evil since it can be set to
/usr instead of /etc. The official intended behaviour is "either/or".
Bad move!

But honestly, while each and everyone one of us _could_ install the
development packages, down load the sources for KDE, recompile .. sorry,
what was that about the build service? Is someone going to volunteer?

--
How come wrong numbers are never busy?