[opensuse] Re: starting the virtualbox virtual machines automatically
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 15:18:09 +0100
Le 26/12/2011 14:16, Anton Aylward a écrit :

And?
How come you feel bad about putting something in /lib (or presumably
/bin) and not in /etc?

and it's an other place to backup. I always backup /home and /etc here most if not all the scripts and config reside. Spread configs all over the system is not a good idea.

How about /usr/lib or /usr/bin?

it's not a binary

If its supposed to go in /lib then its supposed to go in /lib because
that's where the software (systemd) will look for it.

well, in openSUSE there is a folder in /etc, I wonder if it's not done for such things - I lt /lib for application originated ones

My point here is really that yes, if you don't know what you're doing
than doing things as root can screw up your system, but you can screw it
up just as well by putting an init function in /etc/systemd/ as in
/lib/system. Or for that matter under SysVInit putting it in
/etc/rc.d/rc5.d.

it's not a matter of screwing my system than maintaining my system over time, backing it up, etc.
jdd