Re: [OT] [opensuse] I'm stuck - SSL Certs / email server
  • From: Mihira Fernando <mihiratheace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 20:10:59 +0530
On 04/30/2011 07:57 PM, Jim Flanagan wrote:
On 04/29/2011 08:25 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Jim Flanagan wrote:

On 04/29/2011 01:59 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:

Thunderbird uses 'jim@192.168.1.117', which postfix doesn't like,
kmail uses 'jim@192.168.1.117'.
Uh, that should have been:

Thunderbird uses 'jim@192.168.1.117', which postfix doesn't like,
kmail uses 'jim@xxxxxxxxxx'.

Actually in Thunderbird I used jim@[192.168.1.117] which gets
delivered over my lan to my main server. That does not work in Kmail,
so I used jim@xxxxxxxxxx. Those messages get sent from my new server
to that old server. I reply back to both (in Thunderbird at old
server) and both get delivered to the new server. I can read them both
in Kmail using TLS, but not in Thunderbird using SSL/TLS and STARTTLS.
Thunderbird will read them with no security enabled.
Nonetheless, postfix seems to have an issue with that address-form. Did
you try enabling the trace in postfix?

Ok, it seems imaps can't access my private key. This didn't show up in /var/log/mail, but /var/log/warn shows imaps unable to get my private key.

I had its permissions set as 400 root root. Changing it temporally to 444 resolves the issue. I know I can't leave my private key open like that. What is a good secure way to give imaps, or I suppose rather imapd access to read the key?

Many thanks,

Jim F
under what user name does the imapd daemon run ? set the private key to have read access for that user name as well.

Mihira.