Re: [opensuse] I'm stuck - SSL Certs / email server
On 04/21/2011 05:39 PM, Jim Flanagan wrote:
As I said I think I'm very close to having this set up right. Something I'm
missing. Not sure what.

Jim,

If you get to the point that cyrus isn't working ... just load dovecot. It is simple to configure and setup for imaps. IIRC, the suse dovecot package contains a script to generate the ssl certs (mkcert.sh). Just edit the dovecot-openssl.cnf file in /usr/share/doc/packages/dovecot to fit your needs and run the mkcert.sh script to install the dovecot.pem certs in /etc/ssl/{certs,private} dirs and you're done.

The entire dovecot.conf for imaps (dovecot-2) will look something similar to this:

mail_location = mbox:~/Mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u
passdb {
driver = pam
}
protocols = imap