Re: [opensuse] How to re-shuffle disk partitions
Felix Miata said the following on 04/22/2011 10:28 AM:
On 2011/04/22 09:59 (GMT-0400) Anton J Aylward composed:

This is a whole lot more complicated, I think, that the simple steps
Felix proposed!

Actually the way I wrote so much and not in the form of an instruction list
probably made it more confusing and look more complicated than it is, plus
writing fstab where I was supposed to write menu.lst, and forgetting about
setting sda1 active didn't help.

You're forgiven :-)

No data was lost, a large part of that being die to the fact that all
the real data was in LVM, which is pretty hard to scru-up een if you
badly hose your partition table :-)

I do a lot of cloning and moving things around, so much that things become
second nature, and thus easily forgotten in the process of documenting.
Leaving http://orgs.man.ac.uk/documentation/grub/grub_3.html#SEC9 out of my
reply was bad too, but as you can see there, installing Grub really need not
be that complicated a process.

Now that I know I agree. :-)

--
Three things are certain: