Re: [opensuse] building driver for wacom bamboo tablet x86_64 11.2
  • From: Georg <osuseosuse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 03:51:49 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-24-10 17:07]:
* Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-24-10 16:22]:
On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 5:20 PM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

cannot find -ldbus-1

dbus-1-devel is missing in your system,

update: dbus-1-devel was installed but not same version as dbus-1 ???
Changing to the matching 1.2.xx version allowed the make to complete.

BUT, I am still w/o support for my new Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch. Is
there some kind soul available that has attained functionality of the
tablet in 11.2 that could lend assistance.

I have a Bamboo Pen ctl-460 working on 11.3, I remember being a major pita building the driver and all, but then it works fine. (only it freezes the system if I plug it in before starting X)
one address that helped was:
http://old.nabble.com/Bamboo-pen-CTL-460-on-opensuse-11.2-linux-td27198192.html
but its best if you go step-by-step with the tutorial on the wacom driver site.

tks much and a Very Merry Christmas to all.