Re: [opensuse] boot runlevel (was: Graduated from ...)
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 19:30:09 +0200
On Friday 24 December 2010 16:10:35 Felix Miata wrote:
On 2010/12/24 10:54 (GMT+0200) Stan Goodman composed:
my question was how to assure that it will boot to level 3,
although its default is level 5.

Put the runlevel number you wish to start in on the Grub kernel line,
in this case, a 3. All my menu.lst stanzas include a number, which
reminds me which runlevel I'll be starting in, and to specify another
first if that isn't what I want on the upcoming boot.

AhA!! A _GRUB_ command line! Nobody has mentioned that until now The
implication has been that there is somewhere in the normal boot screens a
place to enter the number of the desired run level, and I have been
puzzling over that for the better part of the day. Now all is clear.

But now the machine doesn't start at all, and I won't be able to address
that until Sunday.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on