Re: [opensuse] Catch22 - Install OpenSuse 11.3 on Mac Mini 2010 (nVidia)
  • From: Markus Koßmann <mkossmann_ml1@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:48:56 +0100
Am Sonntag, 19. Dezember 2010 schrieb Klaas Punt:
Hello,
I tried to install an OpenSuse 11.3 system on a second partition on my
new Mac Mini,
an 64 Intel computer. The other partition is OS X Snow Leopard.
The installation works as far as the reboot - then it comes up with a
black screen.
I traced the problem to a missing nVidia driver and I suposse that I
could download
one from the net - but there is not a valid system.

Anyone running with a Mac Mini and solved the problem?

No Mac Here but some ideas.
Does switching to a text termimal ( CTRL-ALT-F1) or booting into text mode (
Enter 3 into the kernel command prompt ) still work ? Then you can install the
nvidia driver from text mode.
If that doesn't work you might try to disable KMS by giving the nomodeset
kernel parameter.