[opensuse] FreeNX on openSUSE11.3 not working/connecting
  • From: Verner Kjæsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 09:50:31 +0100
Hi list and gurus :-)

- on my plain vanilla openSUSE11.3 I install FreeNX server & client
through the one-click-install from the web.

- connecting to my box fails...it 'cannot connect to X server' or
something like that. The environment variable DISPLAY is empty.

- If I download and use Nomachine's *free* NX server, all is ok.

- I don't want to use that version, however. I much prefer the FreeNX
edition. I've been able to confirm the problem on 2 other new
openSUSE11.3 machines.

Anyone?

As always, thank you!

Best regards,