Re: [opensuse] kde4: 1.6G nepomuk/ (any way to limit this?)
On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:00:45 +0530, C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

With Nepomuk/Strigi switched on... I would see a significant
performance hit for about 10 minutes after a restart when it would go
and re-index everything it had already indexed. After that I never
notice that it's running.
That said.. I've switched it off, because I got annoyed by the 100%
CPU hit for 10 minutes after restarting KDE.

similar here, but for me it's not really 100%, something less. and while with earlier KDE versions the nepomuk-related processes were actually blocking my system so that it froze for seconds, this doesn't happen anymore. i don't see the processes "niced" in the system monitor, but somehow they seem to "go out of the way" of other applications running; not sure how. (KDE 4.5.85 at present, but i've seen this improvement with 4.5.x already.)

--
phani.