Re: [opensuse] kde4: 1.6G nepomuk/ (any way to limit this?)
  • From: Rodney Baker <rodney.baker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 18:01:14 +1030
On Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:29:17 David C. Rankin wrote:
Guys

Wondering why my .kde4 directory had ballooned to 2.7G, I did a du -hs
on
share/apps and noticed that nepomuk was eating 1.6G of space. I never use
this thing and to my understanding it is still an application looking for
a use. Yes, it is supposedly some generic metadata handler/index thing. So
far I've never found a use for it. However, I'm concerned that it is one
of those things that is integrated into everything like windows explorer
and I don't know if I can just turn it off without further destabilizing
kde4.

If I can turn it off, how do you do it? If I can't, then how can I tell
it
to only use 50M or so? 1.6G is just nuts. I suspect many of you have much
larger indexes. Has anyone looked to tone this thing down and keep the
index size smaller?

All ideas are welcome. (even the -- it's just like beagle -- kill it)
approach would be fine.

David,

Personal Settings (Configure Desktop) -> Desktop Search

Uncheck "Enable Nepomuk Semantic Desktop" and "Enable Strigi Desktop File
Indexer"

Then you should be able to remove the 1.6G of nepomuk data and recover the
disk space.