[opensuse] Dual head KDE on 11.3
  • From: Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:06:55 +0200
Hi!

I am running 11.3 on an GeForce 7600 with the default drivers. When KDE starts
up it mirrors both screens. I have to go to the kde system settings to switch
the system into a side by side dual head mode, however upon ending KDE it
seems to loose the setting, so the screens will be mirrored again upon restart
of KDE (or the system).

Does anybody experience similar problems or did even find a solution? I know
that in the past sax2 would fix the configuration in a permanent way, but
that's
no longer available.

In case you are wondering why I am not using the nvidia driver, I wanted to
wait for it to show up in the repos, and for desktop work the default driver
works well enough. I know I could fix the problem using nvidia-settings, but I
really want to avoid have unpacked software flying around outside my home
directory ... (or /usr/local).

Regards,
Matthias
--
Matthias Bach
www.marix.org

„Der einzige Weg, die Grenzen des Möglichen zu finden, ist ein klein wenig
über diese hinaus in das Unmögliche vorzustoßen.“ - Arthur C. Clarke
  • No further messages