Re: [opensuse] openSUSE on SSD?
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 16:44:45 +0200
On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 10:25 -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

But there *is* a change between a file "never accessed" and one that has
been accessed. Mutt uses this distinction.

How does this work?:

1. mutt is not running. I have gone home.

2. A new message arrives.

3. My backup program backs up my e-mail. In doing do it accesses the
file. Or some silly accounting script counts the number of files I have
on the system. No matter. The file is accessed for whatever nefarious
reason.

4. I arrive back at work and start mutt.

The access time on the file will be newer than the modification time.
Will mutt tell me the message is new?

The description suggests that mutt will not see the new messages.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB