Re: [opensuse] VirtualBox
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 02:54:30 +0200 (CEST)

On Saturday, 2010-05-15 at 18:12 +0300, Stan Goodman wrote:

At 13:36:04 on Saturday Saturday 15 May 2010, "Carlos E. R." <> wrote:

Paste the exact command and response you use and get.

Guess: check the case of letters.

The case of letters didn't play a part. I went to the directory with the
rpm, which contained only that single file, did "dir", and pasted the
name of the file into the command "rpm -Uvh <filename>". I always do that
when long filenames are involved, in order to prevent errors.

That will succeed for install and fail for remove - as you got. You are pasting the full filename, version part included, and probably the extension...

As I said, I need the exact command and results you used and got to be sure >:-)

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.