Re: [opensuse] kernel install conflicts -- Can I safely ignore them?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 09:36:11 +0200

On 2010-04-15 00:54, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 04/14/2010 02:35 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

I would say report on bugzilla, but is is not an stock kernel. Report to
that home owner.

Yes,

This is where the Novell OBS really has a problem that needs to be
addressed.
Novell relies on OBS to a great extent to keep packages for releases current,
but then if there is ever a problem with an OBS package, Novell treats you
like
you have the plague... If it wasn't for OBS, packman, etc.. openSuSE releases

Notice that there is a big difference between a "normal" OBS repository, and a
"home" one. These are
private/public playgrounds, not intented for general distribution.

That said, I agree that there are no clear channel and procedures for
communicating/solving bugs in
OBS packages.

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Minas Tirith))