Re: [opensuse] Confused by hard drive naming/position /dev/sda vs hd0 etc,
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 03:00:44 +0100
On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 01:58, Philipp Thomas <Philipp.Thomas2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
You can't plug in the IDE ribbon cable and the vid card at the same
time..

The flat ribbon cables? Judging by the height of the PCIe slot on my
mobo it should still fit. But granted, a PATA port directly in line
with a PCIe video slot *is* a rather dumb idea.

Yes... the connector height is enough when you add up the combined
height of the plug and socket, that it gets in the way of the new long
profile nVidia cards. If you have an older style video card that
isn't much longer than the PCIe slot, then it's fine. I knew of this
issue when I bought the board... I have all SATA, so it wasn't a
problem.

C.