Re: [opensuse] Practicalities of IPv6
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 13:03:45 +0200
G T Smith wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:

NAT seems completely superfluous when the networks are dished out
as /64. I did notice that there is a reserved range of
private/local/site-unique addresses (prefix fd), but I'm not quite
sure what that is intended for.

/Per

For purely address space allocation it probably is superfluous, for
simple network zoning maybe not.

Yes, that is true - I did think about that earlier, but decided it
wasn't a real issue, more a matter of being comfortable. I.e. "am I
comfortable that my workstation has a public IPv6 address?". I
probably haven't thought it all through, but my immediate conclusion
was that it's not a problem as the firewall will still be there to
protect me.

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.8°C)