Re: [opensuse] Re: Practicalities of IPv6
On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 07:53 -0400, James Knott wrote:
Per Jessen wrote:
IPv6 has yet to make much impact anywhere.
IIRC, it is common in Asia, where there are simply not enough IPv4
addresses available. Also, as I mentioned in another note, I read, not
too long ago, the U.S. government announced that IPv6 would be required
going forward.

All DoD networks will be IPv6 by the end of 2009.

Verizon is also rolling out IPv6 on its mobile network and all new
devices (as of awhile ago) MUST support IPv6 (according to the doc, as I
recall, IPv4 support is actually optional). Obviously IPv6 makes a lot
of sense for mobile carriers.

It is coming, just not as fast as it should be.

I believe that in 2010 we will turn the corner and IPv6 will start to
show up in more and more places.