Re: [opensuse] Making KDE the default desktop once again
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 22:25:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Tuesday, 2009-07-28 at 19:25 +0200, Lars Müller wrote:

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 06:13:41PM +0200, Graham Anderson wrote:
[ 8< ]
You can vote for this either way at the openFATE feature request Frank
created. <https://features.opensuse.org/306967>

Please vote _and_ provide reasons/ arguments.

I see a main advantage in having a preselected desktop. It is one
question less. This is no advantage to a long time Linux user. But it
is one annoying question less to a new user.

I don't.

I much prefer openSUSE to remain agnostic, as it is now, same as I prefer the state to remain agnostic.

I find the idea of having a default desktop - any desktop - almost offensive.

And about new users... let them choose! Linux is about freedom, and freedom requires choices. The sooner they start choosing, better.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
< Previous Next >