Re: [opensuse] Java update killed font anti-aliasing (11.1)
  • From: Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:59:04 +0200
On Friday 10 of July 2009 10:37:22 JC Francois wrote:
Hi,

Yesterday the Updater Applet notified me of an available Java update
which I installed.

As a result fonts are no longer anti-aliased in at least one Java
application (BlogBridge). I have not checked the others yet.

I changed the default fontconfig (to be conform with openjdk) but it just used
Logical font names (DejaVu) instead of x11 font names.

Does aliasing works in other (non Java) application?

$ rpm -q --changelog java-1_6_0-sun | head
* Thu Jun 11 2009 mvyskocil@xxxxxxx
- fixed bnc#510016: Chinese fonts display
Merged fontconfig.SuSE.properties with openjdk:
* used logical font names ("DejaVu Sans") instead of X11 names
* use Arphic PL fonts for Chinse, instead of non existent sazanami
* use UnDotum and UnBatang fonts for Korean, instead of baekmukttf-batang
- fixed bnc#494536: Updating Java overwrites a custom certs
Mark the following files as %config(noreplace):
* jre/lib/security/cacerts
* jre/lib/security/java.policy

Regards
Michal Vyskocil