Re: [opensuse] openSUSE Weekly News, Issue #66 is out
  • From: "Jan-Simon Möller" <dl9pf@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 23:31:02 +0200
Am Wednesday 01 April 2009 22:51:58 schrieb Thomas Hertweck:

Satoru Matsumoto wrote:
[...]
You are right. However, I hope you to be big-hearted. ;-)

Publishing openSUSE Weekly News depends on efforts of volunteer stuff,
and ATM, Jan-Simon and Sascha have to shoulder most the works.

Everybody appreciates the effort, no doubt. I do a lot of voluntary stuff
as well, so I know what you mean. However, it should not be used as an
argument to justify recurring problems.

Shit happenz (TM). Its that easy.

There might be human errors or mistakes at any time and of course we
should continue improving. To make things better, I want to help
Jan-Simon and Sascha as a member of the team, and expect *warm*
suggestions and advices from community people. ;-)

Human errors happen, but one would expect that people learn after one or
two failures and make sure the same errors don't happen again. Why don't
you automate the generation of these emails? For the time being, you could
also create a check list for the publication of newsletters, for instance
the wiki page should be updated before any announcement email is sent.

We're developing a script to automate the stuff - but I'm doing it in my
free-time, too.
So it will take a bit.
The checklist is a good idea and we'll set it up.

Best,
Jan-Simon