Re: [opensuse] cd not found under /media
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 09:49:11 -0500
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [01-31-09 07:46]:
On Friday, 2009-01-30 at 12:20 -0800, James D. Parra wrote:

I recall in earlier versions of Suse, when a CD was loaded it
automatically would be found under /media/name_of_CD, however in Suse
11 this does not seem to be the case.

How can I have Suse automount CDs or DVDs under /media or is there
another way of doing this. I am not using X only CLI.

If you are not using a desktop, then it is not mounted automatically.
Create an entry in fstab and mount it manually.

He could install/use ivman. It does not depend on X, but it needs to
be started via a script/boot.local/after.local...