Re: [opensuse] Who is using Gnome? (OT)
  • From: Anton Aylward <anton.aylward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 09:40:29 -0500
N B Day said the following on 01/31/2009 09:22 AM:

It's trivial with Evolution -- sigs can call an external program, and
you can have multiple sigs which call different programs depending on
whom you are writing. It even has a limited ability to decide which sig
to use. This is generated by a few lines of perl and a usb GPS unit.

Its a trivial problem with ANY MUA.
Just tell them your signature is stored in ~/.sig

A long time ago a short perl script was published that connected to a
pipe that was that 'file' and each time the 'file' was read handed over
a signature extracted from a 'database' - that was a flat file in the
format of the 'fortune' cookies.

I used that with Evolution years ago when I used Gnome. I use it with
Thunderbird today. My 'database' has grown immensely!

I'm sure you can google for the short perl script ...

--
"Security can be viewed like a construction scenario - build part of a
road, and even if and even if you don't complete it, you still have