Re: [opensuse] WARNING! re latest update to OpenOffice from Novell
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 07:15:36 -0600
On Saturday 31 January 2009 06:31:27 am Anders Johansson wrote:
On Saturday 31 January 2009 13:24:11 Rajko M. wrote:
On Saturday 31 January 2009 05:42:41 am Anders Johansson wrote:
Seriously, if you are going to use packages from the build service,
letting the packager know about problems - instead of just reinstalling
the old version and complaining on mailing lists - gives you a far
better chance of making things work

Where to find name of packager as normal user?
I think that is known, but still not solved problem.

You're right that there is no one-stop solution, but there are a few
options

Some packagers (too few) set the rpm PACKAGER variable

rpm -q --qf "%{PACKAGER}\n" packagename

The changelog is also a place to look. Not all packagers add their changes
to it, but they should

rpm -q --changelog packagename|head

I thought there was a way to report bugs against OBS projects in bugzilla,
but I can't find it at the moment.

Anders

I found something under Components for openSUSE.org:
3rd party software
For Software in any repositories of the OBS, except the official openSUSE
distributions.

--
Regards, Rajko