Re: [opensuse] WARNING! re latest update to OpenOffice from Novell
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 22:55:45 +1100
Anders Johansson wrote:
On Saturday 31 January 2009 09:07:07 Basil Chupin wrote:

Just to be sure, do not allow YaST/zypper (or even smart) to update your
(32-bit) 11.1 installation of OpenOffice to the latest version - leave
it at 3.0.0.9-1.11.

It works on 11.1 as well. There were a few issues with dependencies which
need
to be reported to the packager though. e.g. OpenOffice_org-libs-gui,
OpenOffice_org-libs-core and OpenOffice-components do not seem to have
replacements in 3.0.1, so they should have been removed, but weren't. They
were still around at version 3.0.0.9, causing conflicts. But simply

rpm -e OpenOffice_org-libs-gui OpenOffice_org-libs-core OpenOffice-components

made everything work again

Anders

Well when installing here all the *-extensions and the *filters-optional
RPMs are marked for deletion but they are not deleted and cause the
dependency problems. OK, they can be manually deleted but there is one
more RPM which simply cannot be removed because it is needed by some
3009 files (which will be replaced by the update anyway); this RPM is
OpenOffice_org-l10n-extras-3.0.0.9-1.11.noarch and it simply CANNOT be
removed because 'rpm -e' comes back and states that the damn thing is
not installed- when it is! :-) :-( .

And I will try removing the ones you mention above.

Ciao.

--
"I do not instruct the uninterested; I do not help those who fail to try. If I
mention one corner of a subject and the pupil does not deduce therefrom the